Come learn how to make change. Come get inspired. Come meet your allies.
Held on Martin Luther King Day, the summit is a free and interactive training for young people who want to create a just and sustainable future.
Register below to claim your space.
Date: March, 2017 (exact date TBD)
Time: 10:00am - 4:30pm
Location: Edmonds Heights K-12 School (map below)
Food: Light snacks will be provided. Please bring your own lunch or plan on purchasing a lunch nearby. Nearby food options include PCC Natural Market, Herfy's Burger, Yummy Teriyaki & Sushi, and Pagliacci Pizza. (see map)
Parking: Yes, free
Public Transportation: From downtown Seattle, take the E Line north to the intersection of Aurora and N. 200th St. Then take the 130 bus north to the school. Approximate ride time from downtown is 1 hour and 15 minutes.
Contact: Mary Joyce (mary @ dobiggood . com)
Frequently Asked Questions
Why is this event happening?
- Now, more than ever, we need youth to be a powerful force in our society.
- This means that they are clear about the world they want to create and clear about how to make it happen.
Who is organizing it?
- Mary Joyce, founder of Do Big Good, is a social change strategist who has spent over a decade training activists around the world.
Who should attend?
- People 13-29
- Who care about social justice, social change, and the environment
- Who want to make a difference in the world
- Who want to find out how to do it
- Who want to meet other people who also want to change the world
What will I get from the event?
- An understanding of the basics of activism strategy
- A clearer vision for the world you want to create
- Awareness of the work you want to do to build that better future
- A set of next steps you will take to make that vision happen
- People who will support you in creating that vision
What can I expect at the event?
- Lots of interactive activities
- Lots of opportunities to support others in achieving their goals
- Lots of new ideas
What if I am a grown-up?
- Adults are needed as volunteers, mentors, and assistant facilitators.
- If you would like to serve in the capacity, please contact Mary.
10:00am - 11:00am: Registration
11:00am - 11:30am: Welcome Keynote
11:30am - 12:30pm: My Vision (clearly see the future you want to live in)
12:30pm - 1:30pm: Lunch (please bring your lunch)
1:30pm - 2:30pm: My Project (select the work you'll do to achieve that vision)
2:30pm - 3:15pm: My Call to Action (identify immediate next steps that you'll need support to accomplish)
3:15pm - 3:30pm: Break
3:30pm - 4:30pm: The Change I Will Make (share your call to action with the group and get immediate support around your project)
Header Image: Andrew Miller & Lake City Young Leaders Teens via Flickr/Seattle Parks